Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fudging It



As a baking sister, one of my jobs is frequently bringing dessert to my friends' birthday celebrations. This week, it was my friend Marci's turn, and when I asked her what she liked, she said, "Chocolate. And peanut butter, but really chocolate." So chocolate it was.

Marci had planned a picnic in the park, so a cake didn't seem realistic, and there were going to be a lot of people there, so I wasn't sure cupcakes would work. Therefore, I turned my attention to bars, which I find are often versatile and used for large numbers of people fairly easily. I ended up making two things. One was peanut butter rice krispie treats, which you have read about previously, replacing the semisweet chocolate with milk chocolate. Just let me say, awesome.

However, I decided it was also time to try something new, and a series of events lead me to a recipe for rocky road fudge.

This dessert is intense-- a layer of graham cracker, marshmallow and pecans, topped with chocolate. The picture shows them both upside down and right side up to give you a sense of the affect. I recommend cutting the pieces pretty small, because it's hard to eat more than a little at a time. But eaten they were, first at the picnic and then at my office, and so we say: success! You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails