Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter, Continued



Apparently Rebecca and I are thinking in similar ways these days, as I too love chocolate and peanut butter. They cut each other nicely, and you end up with a nice combination of salty and sweet.

One of the benefits of being a vegetarian is that I rarely have to worry about keeping things parve. Bring on the butter! However, I was recently asked to bring dessert to a meat meal, so I had to get creative. I turned to my dear friend and study partner for ideas, and she suggested rice krispie treats.

I ended up making them two ways. One was the classic rice krispies and marshmallow fluff. However, Gila also suggested I make these chocolate peanut butter ones-- success! They were delicious, and super easy to make. Just make sure you like your chocolate to peanut butter ratio, let them set, and then eat. (If you can, I especially recommend eating them with milk. Yum!)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats:

1 bag chocolate chips
1- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
6-8 cups rice krispies

In a double boiler, melt and blend the chocolate and the peanut butter. Once they are blended and smooth, remove from heat and mix in the rice krispies. Transfer into a 9 x13 dish and allow to set in the fridge (about 2 hours.) Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails