Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Delicious Nemesis: Oreo Ripple Cake





What is there to say about the Oreo Ripple Cake? I love this cake. I love cake, I love oreos, I love chocolate when it's been made all melty. And yet, every time I make this cake, it's as if the baking gods are out to get me, to prevent me from achieving my goal of sweet, beautiful deliciousness. The first time I made it, I undercooked it, and it died coming out of the pan. The second time, my tube pan leaked all over the oven-- and then again, I undercooked it and it died while still in the pan. This time, then, I used a bundt pan instead of a tube pan, and I made sure to bake it past when it looked done. Everything looked good-- until I tried to take it out of the pan, when I discovered I had not greased the pan enough. And again, another oreo cake, may it rest in peace.

This time, I managed to salvage it and kind of put it back together, and my friends assured me that it was delicious. It was really good, and I would highly recommend this recipe: just make sure you cook it enough, and be sure to heavily grease the pan. So good luck and godspeed to one and all. May your luck be better than mine.

Oreo Ripple Coffee Cake, from The Kosher Palette

24 oreos, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup flour
1/4 butter, melted
1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package yellow cake mix, plus all ingredients listed on the box

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9 or 10 inch tube pan and set it aside.

Combine cookies, flour, butter and chocolate chips into a bowl. Mix and set aside.

Prepare the yellow cake as instructed on the package. Sprinkle half of the cookie mixture onto the pan, then half of the cake mixture. Then spread the other half of the cookie mixture, followed by the other half of the cake mixture.

Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool, then remove cake. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Cheesecake lovers know that they can have this delightful delicacy anytime they want by stirring up a few basic ingredients including cream cheese, sugar and eggs, and then pouring it into a pie shell which can be made of graham cracker crumbs or other conventional pie crusts and baked. Oreo cake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails