Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bagels 3: I Think We've Got It!


This is our 100th post!  When Sarah and I started this blog, I don't know if either of us thought it would get this far.  I think it was something we were trying to do because we were in denial about how far apart we were going to be from one another.  Well, a little over a year later, another sister added and some guest blogging from our dad, we still have a blog.  Thanks so much to all our readers and commenters.  We would not have as much fun with this without you!

And now, for the 100th post -- Bagels!  This seems like an appropriate 100th post.  We are all Jewish New Yorkers, which basically means bagels are in our blood and they are a baked good that all of us like, no modifications necessary.  So, yay for bagels.

You may remember that I have posted about my quest for making the perfect bagel twice before.  Neither recipe was a total success -- one didn't taste enough like bagels and one took way too long to make.  However, I was not to be deterred, so I turned to the wonderful King Arthur Flour for their bagel recipe and this was the best one yet.  It doesn't take too long, but they taste like delicious bagels.  And best of all, unlike my other tries at bagels, these didn't turn out flat!  I have made this recipe 4 times now and they get better each time.  Recently I invested in a dough rising bucket and it has really helped my bread baking.  It is VERY dry here in west Texas, and the bucket helps it not dry out.

If you want to make bagels yourself, I highly recommend this recipe.  You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails