Friday, April 27, 2012

Orange You Glad? A Hole in One

I love a good bundt cake, especially if it's glazed. MMMMM... So when I had people over for Shabbat lunch a while ago and decided to do some real cooking, I had bundts on my mind. As I have mentioned before, I had much less equipment than my sisters, so my baking is not always a high-tech, although I like to think it's just as delicious. So imagine my delight that, when I googled citrus bundt cake one day, the one I found with the best reviews was one made of a doctored cake mix. Hurrah! I really liked this recipe, although I ended up adjusting it slightly by using both lemon and orange extract in the batter. I especially liked the glaze, which was thick enough from the butter and the heat that it was not fully absorbed into the cake, but instead remained on the outside. It also freezes well. You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails