Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Not Just for Christmas: Sugar Cookies


A few weeks ago, I was supposed to go to a friend's house for lunch, and she asked me to take care of dessert. It was just the two of us, so I wanted to make something that was easily divided, also easily frozen after the fact. As you probably all know by now, I also love cookies. But for some reason, I wasn't in the mood for chocolate chip, or the white chocolate chip ones I usually make. So I decided to look for a sugar cookie recipe to make instead.

I happen to feel that sugar cookies are a highly underrated cookie. I've heard people refer to them as chocolate chip cookies where you forgot to add the chocolate chips. But I actually think that sugar cookies are delicious for their simplicity and their crunchy sugar on top, especially when they're made well.

Sugar cookies are often very crunchy, but the recipe I found was actually very light and fluffy. I followed directions and made sure that the butter was very soft before I used it. As usual, I halved the butter and added a quarter cup of milk instead. It made them almost cake-like, in a good way. I also added some colored sugar on top. Yum!

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails