Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seriously Amazing Black Bottom Cupcakes


If you like black bottom cupcakes, or the combination of chocolate and cheesecake, you have to try these cupcakes.  I like black bottom cupcakes, but I haven't had them in a while.  We had a bunch of cream cheese sitting in the fridge and I had seen these on cookie madness, so I decided to try these out.

Anna, the author of cookie madness, spent a few days making different recipes to come up with the ultimate black bottom cupcake recipe and I am glad she did.  She is a genius!  And so sweet.  When I commented on her blog that I liked the cupcakes, she took the time to visit our blog and write me a nice email back.  

Anyway, back to the greatness of these cupcakes.  They are really simple to make, even though they involve two different kinds of batter.  You just scoop some of the cream cheese into the chocolate cake and stick them in the oven.  There was some left over cream cheese batter, so I decided to do an experiment.  I crushed up some graham crackers and put them in the bottom of the cupcake tins and then baked three mini cheesecakes.  They were quite good too, and a nice way to use up the leftover batter.

These freeze really well and defrost quickly (I had to put them in the freezer to keep from eating them all at once).  A delicious treat!

You can find the recipe here.  I skipped the chocolate chips, but they were still yummy.

3 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious!! I love cheesecake anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I wish I had some to eat right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could mail one to you, but I don't think it will work. They were seriously amazing, although I'm not sure how they would work parve.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails