Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet and Tangy: Raspberry Crumb Cake

I really love raspberry jam. To me, the combination of sweet and a little bit tangy is beyond delicious. So when I found a recipe for strawberry strusel cake in Kosher By Design Short on Time, I was very excited to make it, with the intention of replacing raspberry for strawberry. I was especially looking forward to the combination of crumb cake and a little bit of fruity flavor.

This cake is super easy to make, but I had a few problems with it. First, for some reason, it changed colors from a light yellow color to a brownish color in the oven. I was worried that one of the ingredients had caused it to go bad, but it still tasted delicious. The other issue was that the cake seemed to be too thick for its pan, so by the time the middle was cooked enough (and it was still pretty gooey), the outside was kind of dried out. I would make it again, but probably use a bigger pan so that the mixture could good more evenly. I also bet this cake would make excellent muffins, so I might try that next time too.

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails