Sunday, February 21, 2010

Truffle Brownies (for Valentine's Day?)


Yes, I am aware that Valentine's Day was last week.  However, I actually made these on Valentine's Day (the Lindt Truffles were on sale) but didn't have time to post on them.  I saw this recipe on She's Becoming DoughtMessTic, a great baking/parenting blog (actually she was guest posting on another blog) and I have been wanting to make them ever since.  Usually I am a take it or leave it person when it comes to truffles and chocolates, but I totally love Lindt Truffles and anything that combines those with brownies sounds good to me.

These brownies were good -- not my favorite brownie recipe -- but solid.  They were not that chocolate-y (my husband liked them, which is pretty much proof).  The only thing about them is that the truffles really melted into the brownies and didn't hold their shape, so I thought it was kind of a waste of yummy truffles.  However, they were lots of fun to make, especially cutting up the truffles.  I used the milk chocolate ones, but the truffles might be more noticeable if you use a combination of flavors.  It may have been that the milk chocolate was too mild for the brownies.  

These were nice for Valentine's Day, as I think the truffles were very Valentine's Day like.  If you like combining candy with your baked treats, these are for you!

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails