Monday, January 25, 2010

See the World in Black and White...





I love cookies. I do. I love everything about them-- I love that they taste delicious hot, room temperature or frozen; I love that they are a snack-sized pile of sweetness just waiting for me whenever I'm ready for them; I love that they come in individually sized pieces and so they last for sooo long without getting stale. However, despite living in my apartment for three and a half years now, I had no dairy cookie sheets. Instead, I had yucky disposable pieces of aluminum that I was constantly covering in tin foil and vowing to replace, just as soon as I remembered to do so. Every time I baked, my roommate would say, "Why don't you just get cookie sheets?" And I would wave her off and the cycle would continue.


However, that day has come at last! The cycle has finally been broken! (Better late than never, right?) So today, in order to dedicate my new cookie sheets, I decided to make an old favorite-- White Chip Chocolate Cookies.


The recipe for these cookies are found (in a slightly modified way) on the back of Nestle premier white morsels. They're easy to make, and if they're cooked for the right amount of time, they are light, moist and rich without being too heavy. I've actually found that they taste best either hot or frozen (as opposed to at room temperature) because they are very sweet, but no matter what, I guarantee you will enjoy them.




  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes 3 dozen large cookies, or 4 dozen smaller ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails